- - - - -

• You cannot reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic

Moab

Moab

Fearless Leader

• Admin
  • 3,545 posts
Assuming that the cover is in good condition, do you think the foam, gel, padding etc wears out? My seat that I've had for 5 years just doesnt feel the same...or maybe my ass is just getting older
Living the Dream
Spokejunkies.com

wheatgerm

wheatgerm

Spokejunkie

• Admin
  • 1,302 posts
I've worn out a few WTB Rockets. The foam near the middle of the seat broke down and fell apart The saddle shell (underside) has a cutout for relief and I could see the foam was broken down. The saddle was sagged quite a bit in the middle. The first time this happened, I thought my ass hurting was from shorts. Tried several different shorts but none fixed the problem. As soon as I put on a new saddle, I was golden.

I may try a different saddle next time. My road bike has a Terry saddle with several thousand miles on it and its holding up like a champ.

Moab

Moab

Fearless Leader

• Admin
  • 3,545 posts
I just ordered a terry fly for the tallboy
Living the Dream
Spokejunkies.com

meat-market

meat-market
  • Mountain Biker
  • 263 posts
been rocking the same sella italia flite trans am for a decade now, it is worn?  yes, but worn out, no...

wheatgerm

wheatgerm

Spokejunkie

• Admin
  • 1,302 posts
Further evidence that only some saddles wear out. Thanks for adding the Sella saddle to the list that last forever. I'll keep it in mind when my current Rocket dies.

ghost

ghost
  • Admin
  • 359 posts
  • Interests:Mountan biking, Web design, Pie
Mo - how do you like that seat? I may order one soon - the stock seat sucks.... that and it is pretty much fused to the stock seat post i just broke.

Jeff R

Jeff R
  • Spokejunkie
  • 92 posts
I have had the sella italia flite trans am and it wore out, but it was on my work bike though.

My favorite seat right now is the Nashbar r2 and it is only $30. I refuse to pay more for a seat than that.
Friends don't let friends sanitize trails!

Moab

Moab

Fearless Leader

• Admin
  • 3,545 posts
I love my Terry fly ti. Really the most comfortable seat I have owned and they last a long time.
Living the Dream
Spokejunkies.com

J.D.

J.D.

Charlie Charlie Tango

• Spokejunkie
  • 1,571 posts
  • Interests:life
I just killed a first generation Fizik Nisene.  It took 12 years and a few thousand miles.  I'm scoping fleabay for a couple of NOS ones.
am-b

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users